FluoTag®-X4 anti-GFP is a blend of two in-house developed single-domain antibodies (sdAbs) that recognize two distinct epitopes on GFP and its most common derivatives with high affinity and specificity. For a complete specificity chart see the Product Specificity Chart below. In our FluoTag-X4 series, two fluorophore molecules are site-specifically coupled to each individual FluoTag molecule. The reagent therefore simultaneously targets up to four fluorophores to the protein of interest, which ensures extra-bright signals. Owing to the small size of our FluoTags, the distance between the target epitope and each fluorophore is below 4 nm. In comparison to conventional detection systems using conventional antibodies, our FluoTag-X4 series can thus improve the localization accuracy by 10-15 nm. Both features – superior brightness and precise fluorophore placement – render our FluoTag-X4 products excellent tools for all microscopy techniques.
- Antigen: GFP
- Specificity: Recognizes native GFP, mEGFP, superfolder GFP, Emerald and most common CFP and YFP variants. It does not cross-react with mCherry, mRFP, dsRed, mTagBFP or their most common derivatives. For more detailed information see the Product Reactivity Chart below.
- Produced in: E.coli
- Concentration: 2.5 µM protein, 5 µM fluorophore
- Recommended dilution for IF/ ICC: 1:250
- Available fluorohores: Abberior® Star 488, Abberior® Star RED, Abberior® Star 580, Abberior® Star 635P, Atto 488, Atto 542, Atto 580, Atto 647N, Sulfo-Cyanin 3, Sulfo-Cyanin 5. For other fluorophores please contact us.
- Hussain et al. (2018) Inhibition of oxidative stress in cholinergic projection neurons fully rescues aging-associated olfactory circuit degeneration in Drosophila. Elife. 2018 Jan 18;7
PMID: 29345616 DOI: 10.7554/eLife.32018
- Fulterer et al. (2018) Active Zone Scaffold Protein Ratios Tune Functional Diversity across Brain Synapses